Bond Your Dental Imperfections: Let a Top Abingdon, VA Cosmetic Dentist Show You How
Frustrated by chipped teeth—or even a tiny gap between teeth? Don't worry; if you have a slight dental imperfection that bothers you, bonding can be a simple way to improve your smile. Don't hesitate to consult our cosmetic dentist in Abingdon, VA; Dr. Johnston has performed multiple successful bonding procedures on damaged teeth.
Bonding repairs teeth that:
- Are stained
- Are chipped
- Are crooked
- Have minor gaps
And in most cases, bonding can repair a cavity with a natural-looking, tooth-colored restoration.
Advantages of Bonding
- Bonding can be a quick procedure, often done in just an hour or two
- Many bonding procedures can be performed without anesthesia
- It can be less expensive than a crown or veneer
A Guide to the Process
To prepare a tooth for bonding, your Abingdon, VA cosmetic dentist takes the following steps:
- We clean off residual plaque and tartar.
- We choose a shade that matches your natural tooth color.
- We dry out the tooth, and we may use a rubber dam to isolate it.
- We start with a mild etching solution to condition the tooth surface. This helps the bonding agent adhere to your tooth.
- We then apply the bonding material and harden it with a special curing light.
- We add another layer of resin, and again, harden it with the curing light. We may do this several times until we reach the proper thickness.
- We then sculpt each bonded tooth to the desired shape once all layers have been set in place.
- We check your bite to make sure your teeth function properly.
- We finally polish your tooth to a smooth and beautiful finish. With proper care, the bonding material should last between 3 and 10 years.
Bonding can be a good way to repair minor problems and give you a beautiful smile. Contact us for more information today.